- Danny Brown and Despot open at 8 p.m. for Das Racist, a hip-hop group from Brooklyn. The concert is at Headliners Music Hall, 1386 Lexington Road. For more information, call (502) 584-8088. Cost – $15
- Register at 8 a.m. for the 5K walk/run for diabetes that starts at 9 a.m. Former NBA and U of L basketball player Darrell Griffith is the honorary Walk Chair. The walk takes place at Waterfront Park, 135 E. River Road. For more information go to the Facebook page.
- John Berry & the Outliers, Kimberly Coleman, Hog Operation and Louisville Symphonic will be playing in Central Park at Fourth and Magnolia St. from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. Along with music, a tennis clinic and educational performances that include “Romeo & Juliet” will be featured. Movies such as “Singing in the Rain,” blow-up bouncies, and refreshments will be there too. Cost – Free
- The Whigs, Fresh Millions, Nerves Junior, and many more will be performing at the Gonzo Festival at the Monkey Wrench restaurant, 125 Barret Ave. from 1 p.m. – 11 p.m. For more information call (502) 582-2433. Cost – $20 in advance, and $25 day of show
- Junction Creek is playing a show at Eezy’s Sports Bar at 7323 St. Andrews Church Rd. For more information call (502) 409-7377.
- The Million Mutt March, a walk to support sheltered animals, starts at 9 a.m. at Cherokee Park; dog owners are allowed to bring their dogs. For more information go to this website. Cost – walk: $7 through today (Oct. 12) and $10 afterwards, timed run/walk: $20 through today (Oct. 12) and $25 afterwards
- The Allen McCoy Band will be performing at Eezy’s Sports Bar, 7323 St. Andrews Church Rd. For more information call (502) 409-7377.
- From 9 p.m. – 11 p.m. Louisville Comedy Underground will be at Bard’s Town at 1801 Bardstown Rd. For more information call (502) 749-5275.
- The Bluegrass Messengers will be performing a concert at Bard’s Town, 1801 Bardstown Rd. For more information call (502) 749-5275.
- The Karaoke Factory will be at BJ’s at 7017 Global Drive. For more information call (502) 935-1103.