The following are opportunities for student volunteers in Louisville for the month of October.
Sun. 9/30 – 2012 Kidney Walk
– 11 AM – 2 PM
– People are needed to work at registration tables.
– Location: Waterfront Park – South Great Lawn Louisville, KY 40202
– Details: Walk starts at 1 PM, you are allowed to participate in the walk when you are finished with the registration tables. For more information or to volunteer, go to http://www.nkfk.org.
Sat. 10/6 – Down Syndrome Awareness Walk/Run
– 6 AM – 4:30 PM (sign up for at least a 2 hour time frame)
– Help prepare for the walk/run
– Location: Waterfront Park – Louisville, KY 40202
– Details: 100 volunteers needed, first come first serve sign-ups. To learn more or to sign up contact Tonya Otis at 502-495-5088.
Fri. 10/12 – Sat. 10/13 – Race for the Cure!
– Saturday: 9 AM – 12 PM, Sunday: 6 AM – 1 PM
– Help set-up Iroquois park for the Komen Louisville Race for the Cure.
– Location: Iroquois Park 5216 New Cut Road Louisville KY 40214
– Details: 37 volunteers needed on Saturday and 8 – 14 volunteers needed on Sunday. There are a variety of tasks for skill levels ranging from kid – adult. Sign up while spots are still available. For more information or to sign up go to http://www.komenlouisville.org/get-involved/volunteer/.
Sat. 10/13 – Foxhollow Farm’s 5th Annual Fall Festival
– Shift 1: 11 AM – 2:30 PM, Shift 2: 2:30 PM – 6 PM
– Help run Foxhollow Farm’s Fall Festival
– Location: Foxhollow Farms: 8905 Highway 329 Crestwood, KY 40014
– Details: Teens to Adults can work this event. Volunteers are needed to help with games, activities, collecting money and other things. For more information or to volunteer, contact Liz Bayer at 502-271-4526, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All October – Special Events Volunteer for KY Refugee Ministries
– Shifts: Flexible, will work with your schedule
– Help plan KRM’s fall/spring events
– Location: 969 B Cherokee Road Louisville, KY 40204
– Details: Must be at least 14 years old. You will assist with sending out invitations, supervising the children’s area and helping children at the arts and crafts table at the Highlands festival, setting up events, working ticket booths, and selling baked goods. For more information or to volunteer go to
Every Monday night in October (10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29) – River City Love Squad
– 7 PM – 9 PM every Monday night
– Serve meals to homeless people
– Location: Lord’s Chapel at 2735 S. 4th St. Louisville, KY 40292
– To volunteer or for more information contact Pastor Joe McGrew at (502)-533-7257 or go to http://rclsm.org. The mission of the River City Love Squad is to feed, clothe, and shelter the homeless and needy.