The 2013 YPAS Dance concert will bring a more upbeat tempo to the stage

On February 20, YPAS will kick off the 2013 Dance Concert, featuring all dance majors in every grade level. The concert will consist of contemporary dances like ballet, and modern dances including tap. The wide variety of dance styles and the more upbeat dances are what make this year’s dance concert more exciting than in previous years. According to the YPAS students, the modern dances seem to be crowd pleasers.

The finale of each show will be the major piece in the production, featuring flashing lights and other elements. The dancers and teachers are most excited about the new lighting designer, Jen Groseth, who used to be the lighting designer at Ball State University. She is replacing Lamont Cowden, who recently retired. “No other school can do this,”says Danielle Crowe (12).

Although parents show up in numbers to support, student support is usually low. “Don’t just come to the concert to get out of class,” said Alyssa Gordon (12). The dancers have practiced everyday after school from 2:30-5:30 to prepare for this concert, so they are hoping their peers will recognize their hours of hard work and come to really support them, not just to spectate.

The show will run on February 22nd and 23rd at 7:30 pm and the costs will range from $9-$12. The last show will be on February 24th at 2. pm and the costs is $9-$12, and $6 for students.For more information about the show or to order tickets online visit www.YPAS.org.

YPAS Dance Concert