Senior Profiles: The Rosenstrom Twins

Senior Profiles: The Rosenstrom Twins

twins
Andrew Rosenstrom (12, MST) volunteered to DJ for the Basketball homecoming dance on Friday, Feb. 6. However the gig was more of a family affair than a solo performance; his twin brother, Erik Rosenstrom (12, MST) was also on stage with him as his brother’s hype man. RedEye sat down with the brothers to discuss their DJ’ing experience.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Andrew: Well I’m a senior in MST, I love music almost as much as I love cheesecake. I love my squad: the Rabble Rousers and my Coco Crew. I love to just chill with friends and DJ really.

How long have you been DJ’ing?
AR: I’ve been DJ’ing since the beginning of my junior year, so about one and a half years.

What other types of DJ’s have inspired you?
AR: Well the person who inspired me to start was RL Grime when I heard his “Diplo and Friends” mix. What really captured my attention was just the vibe that the set gave and I wanted to try my hand at it. Since then I have been influenced by some of the greats Diplo, Skrillex, and Hucci. They are constantly pushing the envelope and creating new techniques when it comes to DJ’ing and that’s what I try to do with my DJ’ing.

Is this just a hobby or a potential career?
AR: I don’t know if it will turn into a career but I will definitely continue DJ’ing parties in college and continue to do it as a hobby after.

What was it like to DJ for Manual’s student body?
AR: Well as an aspiring DJ it was incredible. I’ve gone to raves and music festivals and it’s my dream to be able to play at one and being able to play at the homecoming dance fulfilled that dream. I got to throw an awesome dance party for all my friends and classmates. There is nothing more i could really ask for.

photo

Erik, what was it like to be alongside your brother hyping the crowd?
Erik: For me, it was like being backstage with one of your favorite performers. I listen to Andrew DJ for two hours a day and I get really excited to listen to him play music so I wanted to get the crowd excited too.

Do you DJ at all?
ER: I do whenever Andrew isn’t so basically it’s like there is always a rave going on at our house.

Have you all created music together or does Andrew mainly do that?
ER: We have done DJ sets together not really live but just kind of goofing around.

What are your alls stage names and why?
AR: Collectively we are High $ociety a.k.a. Rabble Rousers. Individually I go by Cheesecake and Erik goes by the Booty Man a.k.a. Trashbag a.k.a. a Cheeky Lad.

Check out one of Andrew Rosenstrom’s mixes down below and for more, check out his soundcloud here.