This Week in Manual Athletics: April 24

This Week in Manual Athletics: April 24

Baseball

The Crimsons had a very good week on the diamond going 2-0 and looking very impressive. On Thursday they dispatched Bullitt Central 9-2. The very next day they defeated Holy Cross soundly 12-2. If they keep playing this type of baseball consistently, the Crimsons will sneak up on a lot of teams. They now await a home matchup on Tuesday against Portland Christian. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m. Manual RedEye will also cover the Louisville Invitational Tournament starting on Thursday. Check back then for live coverage.

Softball

Manual split the four games they played this week. On Monday they defeated district rival Portland Christian soundly 15-0 but slipped the next day against Holy Cross losing 3-0. The team then got the rest of the week off before playing down in Tennessee for a doubleheader against Independence High School. In the first game, the team was much better in all aspects of the game and that led them to a 14-0 blowout win. But in the second game, the switch had been flipped for Independence. They controlled the whole ball game and avenged their first loss and defeated the Crimsons 8-3. The now will focus on an away matchup against Oldham County on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.

Boys’ Lacrosse

The team played a total of one game this week and it was senior night against the Ballard Bruins. The energy was high but the team fell to the Bruins 12-8. Tournament time is just around the corner, and if the Crimsons can get focused for the tournament, they could be a team that makes a deep run. They can now turn their attention to the highly anticipated road game against the Male Bulldogs on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.

Boys’ Tennis

Manual had an up and down week going 2-2. On Monday they defeated CAL 4-1 and then got the rest of the week off before traveling to Paducah, KY to compete in the McCraken Invitational. They fell to host McCracken in the first match 3-2 before getting back on track and defeating Lexington Catholic 3-2. They ended their long day of tennis losing to Henry Clay 5-0. The team now gets some rest before playing a home match against Collegiate at 4:00 p.m.