Jacob Bratcher takes over a wrestler.
Jacob Bratcher takes over a wrestler.

This Week In Manual Athletics: Jan. 22-27

Girls’ Basketball

The girls’ basketball team will compete in the Louisville Invitational Tournament this week. Their first game will be on Wednesday at Bellarmine University at 5 p.m., check @ManualAthletics on Twitter for updates on the teams performance in the tournament.

Boys’ Basketball

Following their win of 76-47 against Shawnee, the boys will face Seneca on Tuesday. Tip-off will be at 7:30 p.m. at Butch Charmoli Gymnasium. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card event. They are then set to play Western on Friday. Tip-off will be at 7:30 p.m. at Western. The team will go on to play in the Nathan McCurry Classic on Saturday. They will face LaRue County at 4:30 p.m. at John Hardin.

Jordan McClendon shooting a field goal for the Crimsons. Photo by Cicada Hoyt.

Boys’ and Girls’ Swimming

As the season comes to a close, the team will face Louisville Male High School in the swimming edition of the Old Rivalry on Monday for their Senior Night. The meet will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Central. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card Event. The team will go on to compete against St. Xavier and Sacred Heart on Wednesday. The meet will begin at 6 p.m.

Swimmers participate in the 100 Yard Butterfly.

Boys’ and Girls’ Bowling

The boys’ team will compete in the KHSAA Region 4 Team Championship on Monday. The match will begin at 4 p.m. at Executive Strike and Spare. Both teams will then go on to compete in KHSAA Region 4 Singles Championship on Saturday. The match will being at 8 a.m. at Executive Strike and Spare.

The tournament was broken up into two teams of six bowlers each: the varsity Manual White and the junior-varsity Manual Red.

Wrestling

The Wrestling team will host the SharkBait Duals on Saturday at Butch Charmoli Gymnasium. This will be Crimson/Ram Card Event.

Jonathan Ryan (11) wrestles against Fern Creek.