Due to the long lunch break, classes will be shortened by 10 minutes. Graphic by Piper Hansen.

Crimson Hour is back for the 2018-2019 school year

Manual’s first Crimson Hour of the 2018 – 2019 school year is tomorrow, Sept. 14.

Crimson Hour gives students more time to eat lunch and allows them to visit specific teachers for questions, activities and tutoring.

Below is a schedule of the shortened blocks, lunch times and a basic rundown of different things that some Manual teachers are offering.

Mr. Abplanalp (J&C) – Mr. Abplanalp will allow students to come to room 238 for college essay writing tips and feedback for the second half of the hour.

Mrs. Cooper (English) – Mrs. Cooper is holding a debate team meeting in room 212 after first lunch to practice rounds for the next tournament.

Mrs. Mattingly (English, J&C) – Mrs. Mattingly will have open lab work time in room 251 for the entirety of the hour.

Mr. Miller (J&C) – For the first half, Mr. Miller will be having a jeopardy for J&C students in room 252. The second half will be a working lunch to allow consultation, questions and feedback from Mr. Miller on class projects.

Ms. Palmer (J&C) – For the first half, Ms. Palmer will allow an open workspace in room 253, and for the second half, J&C freshman and seniors will be having a mentor/mentee meeting.

Mrs. Scoones (English) – Mrs. Scoones is allowing the class of 2022 Steering Commitee to have a meeting about social media plans as well as paint posters.

Mrs. Stottman (Social Studies) – Mrs. Stottman will be in her room allowing students to come in to retake tests and quizzes and get extra help with their work specifically in her class.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more coverage of Crimson Hour.

Payton Carns
Payton Carns, Editor-in-Chief
Payton Carns is the Editor-in-Chief of Manual RedEye this year. She enjoys reading, running and listening to music. She can always be found watching Grey’s Anatomy or listening to Taylor Swift on repeat. You can contact her at [email protected].