Watch how Manual RedEye is spending their quarantine. Need ideas yourself? Here’s a list of 10 things to do with your extra free-time while still practicing social distancing.
Things to do over quarantine from duPont Manual on Vimeo.
1. Go on an online shopping spree: If your budget allows it, now is the perfect time to browse for new outfits from stores who are still delivering.
2. Try yoga or meditation: During these uncertain times, it’s important to relieve your stress, and yoga/meditation could be the perfect way to do that. There are many short videos on YouTube to aid with this. For an example click here.
3. Binge watch a TV show or documentary: “All American” and Netflix’s newest addition, “Outer Banks,” are two shows that have been trending, but binge watching your favorite shows, movies or documentaries is a great way to pass the time. For sports fans, ESPN has been airing past games and their newest 10-part documentary “The Last Dance,” which covers the 1998 Chicago Bulls’ run to their last championship with basketball star, Micheal Jordan. “The Last Dance” airs two parts every Sunday night starting at 9 pm.
4. Mail your friends or family a letter: Although you can’t see them in person, writing a letter is a sentimental way to show others you’re thinking of them.
5. Start a new workout routine: Manual’s athletic trainer, Taylor Zuberer, has started an Instagram providing students with workouts six days a week. Chloe Ting, a health and fitness YouTuber has started her “two week shred,” which has been trending recently, but do what is best for you.
6. Try a new recipe: Experiment with new meals to cook or bake so you can come out of this social distancing break with new cooking skills.
7. Make Tik Toks: Tik tok is a great way to pass time, but also a great way to waste it. Use in moderation!
8. Try a DIY project or craft: Pinterest, YouTube and other websites have projects you can try using all items from your home.
9. Try a new language: Apps like Duolingo provide daily exercises in a variety of different languages.
10. Family Game Night: Playing games such a charades, Simon Says or board games you have at your home is a fun way to spend time with family and enjoy a night in.
Music courtesy of Vexento: “We Are One”