Categories:

Boys’ golf wraps up one of their last regular season matches against Ballard

Daniel Abrams (12, HSU) swings through his drive on the second hole.
Sophie Sexton

On Monday Sept. 14, the boys’ golf team competed in a tough match against the Ballard Bruins. The match took place at Crescent Hill Golf Course, a scenic nine hole clearing supported by great lawns and various hills. 

The match play was divided into three sections. Varsity included Wes Cameron (11, HSU) and Ethan Aarvig (12, HSU). They were followed by junior varsity players, Daniel Abrams (12, HSU) and Thomas Dyer (12, HSU), and closing out the pairings were freshman Aryan Patel (9, MST) and Jackson Frudek (9, MST). 

For being Louisville Metro’s busiest course, the evening was quiet and relaxed, which is the ideal atmosphere for a game that requires a great deal of focus. The 36 par course was surrounded by grand trees and landscape, the perfect resource for shade in the intense heat. 

The team was challenged as Ballard played consistently and were a few strokes ahead over Manual. The match was a great turn out, with a handful of parents and coaches following the pairs closely. On the last hole, which is a long downhill stretch, Manual was just barely falling behind. Cameron, who finished with a final shot of 45, and Aarvig, who finished with a final shot of 39, showed great sportsmanship and had good spirits despite the loss to Ballard, with one of their players scoring par and the other only shooting two strokes over. 

The boys’ next match is today at Seneca Golf Course and will commence at 4:15 pm. They will compete against the Atherton Ravens.

Sophie Sexton
Sophie Sexton, Staffer
Sophie Sexton is a staffer for Manual RedEye. She enjoys capturing moments of life & people and creating exciting content. You can contact her at [email protected].
$1305
$2500