We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

Support Us
$730
$1000

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Key Club holds inaugural movie night

Key Club sponsored a showing of Tangled on Friday, May 30 at 6 pm in the auditorium to raise money for the Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies, a local organization that provides services to children with special needs. Attendees were required to pay a $5 entrance fee.

According to 2013-14 Key Club president Laura Daley (12, HSU), this event was the inaugural Key Club movie night even though the club already hosted a dance, a Zumba party and a pizza party.

“Our expectations weren’t huge for this, since it was a first time event,” Daley said. “We’ve been trying to plan it since January but snow days have really messed us up because it takes a couple of weeks for these types of fundraisers to get approved by the district. But it ended up being really fun and really cheap to host since we didn’t have to rent a venue or equipment, and board members brought in the food so we didn’t have to pay for that either.”

The event ended up raising $242.62.

“In the future, I think better advertising would boost attendance. But I’m happy with the amount of people who came,” Daley said.

Many of Key Club’s previous fundraising efforts have also benefited the Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies. Last year, they donated $2500, and this year, they aim to raise a total of $3000.