Things To Do Nov. 14 - Nov. 16

Things To Do Nov. 14 – Nov. 16

Festival of Trees and Lights

Friday, Nov. 14-Sunday, Nov. 16

10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., $5 for children under 12 and seniors 65+, $5 for adults

Friday will serve as the day to shop and enjoy the holiday decorations. Scouts that attend the festival on Saturday and Sunday will receive an event patch. This year, the Festival of Trees and Lights is selling $69 jewelry pieces to celebrate the event’s silver anniversary. All proceeds benefit the Kosair Children’s Hospital neuroscience and neurosurgery program.

Choosing a Telescope Workshop

Friday, Nov. 14

Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium

6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Free

Louisville Astronomical Society (LAS) members will be attending the event to provide information about purchasing telescopes. The constellation presentation Skies Over Louisville will begin at 8:00 p.m.

Run with Our Heroes 5k Run/Walk

Saturday, Nov. 15

University of Louisville campus, South Floyd St.

8:00 a.m., Registration fee varies

The Eastern High School JROTC will perform a ceremony of the retiring of colors and a Veteran’s hat presentation. Colonel Chris Wynder and U.S. veterans will start the race this year. This event is the last event in the Week of Valor.

Writer’s Block Festival

Various locations

Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., 9:15 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Free with some exceptions

The purpose of this festival is to celebrate the art of writing by presenting literature lovers access to writing workshops, guest speakers, panels and readings. Guest author Nick Flynn is scheduled to read some of his work at 5:00 p.m. Editor for Yale University Press Steve Wasserman will also be present to participate in discussions.

Christmas at the Galt House

Saturday, Nov. 15 – Thursday, Jan. 1

The Galt House Hotel

Times vary, Prices vary

The fifth annual Christmas at the Galt House provides participants with a wide variety of activities. The purchase of a ticket gives patrons access to the KaLightoscope Luminaries, the Snow Fairy Princess and Make a Flake, Snow Play, the Peppermint Express Train, Santa’s Sleigh Green Screen Experience, holiday-themed live performances and Mr. Sugar Pine the Talking Tree. In addition to those activities, the Gingerbread House Contest offers participants $1,500 in cash prizes for winning the contest.