Things to do: Kentucky Derby Festival

Things to do: Kentucky Derby Festival

Thunder Over Louisville
The Waterfront
Saturday, April 18
11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Free entry with Pegasus Pin
This classic KDF event will kick off the 2015 Derby with the theme, Boom With a View. This year, there will be numerous pre-show activities such as rock-wall climbing and U.S. Air Force flight simulators. There will also be musical entertainment and over 115 food vendors present.

Fest-A-Ville
The Waterfront and Great Lawn
Thursday, April 23 to Friday, May 1
Times vary
Free entry with Pegasus Pin
Fest-A-Ville will provide you with over a week of food, music and activities. Musicians such as Thompson Square and Craze will be performing, and concession stands will be set up with various types of food. If you plan on bringing children, there will be several activities available for them in the Pegasus Playville.

Da’Ville Classic
Kentucky Center for the Arts
Saturday, April 25
2 p.m.
Tickets costs $10
The Da’Ville Classic will be showcasing college, high school and community drummers from Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. Several bands participating are River City Drum Corp and CIA, along with Central and Shawnee High School.

Chow Wagon
The Waterfront
Thursday, April 23 to Friday, May 1
Times vary
Free entry with Pegasus Pin
The Chow Wagon will be filled with various types of music such as rock, gospel and country. Various local and regional bands will be performing each day from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. There will also be numerous types of food available such as gyros and barbeque.

Thorntons Great Bed Races
Broadbent Arena
Monday, April 27
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Free entry with Pegasus Pin
At the Thornton’s Great Bed Races, there will be over 40 teams creating beds on wheels and competing against each other. There will be anchors from WAVE TV providing live coverage and at the end, there will be several awards given such as the Best Decorated and the Most Entertaining.

Pegasus Parade Preview Party
Kentucky Exposition Center
Tuesday, April 28
5 p.m.
Free entry with Pegasus Pin
At the Pegasus Parade Preview Party, all of the floats participating in the Pegasus Parade will be there to see. The KDF royal court will be present and will be signing autographs and taking pictures with children.

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
Fourth Street Live
Sunday, May 3
2 p.m.
Free entry with Pegasus Pin
The Mayor’s Office for Globalization’s Louisville Latino Council will be hosting the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta this year. There will be activities such as a pinata competition, performances and a battle of bands.