After recording the second episode of The Ad-Libbed Podcast. The crew relaxes with their guest Pocket Change. (From left to right: Pocket Change: Robert Hovius, Henry Gritton, John Cromer and Chris Rousell; The Ad-Libbed crew: Evan Pride, Landis Helwig, Erik Moth and Jonesy Moore. Photo courtesy of Erik Moth

YPAS senior co-creates arts-focused podcast

The crew relaxes with guest Pocket Change after recording the second episode. From left to right: Pocket Change members Robert Hovius, Henry Gritton, John Cromer and Chris Rousell; followed by Evan Pride, Landis Helwig, Erik Moth and Jonesy Moore. Photo courtesy Erik Moth.

Erik Moth (12, YPAS) recently co-founded The Ad-Libbed Podcast, a youth-run audio publication that discusses events in the local arts community.

Moth, a theatre major who recently starred in YPAS’ production of Shrek, said that he’s had the idea of starting a podcast for some time. It was only after he attended the Governor’s School for the Arts this past summer that he found a team with whom to work.

“I kind of always wanted to do [a podcast], but I didn’t have the people I thought would do well with it,” Moth said. “Then I met these three other guys at GSA and I realized we had the opportunity.”

Moth, along with co-founders Evan Pride (a Trinity High School junior). Landis Helwig (a St. Xavier High School senior) and Jonesy Moore (a Kentucky Country Day School junior) have already released two podcast episodes–one in November and one in December.

The show’s inaugural installment featured youth filmmaker Mark Alex Vogt, and the most recent edition profiled local band Pocket Change.

Moth said that he plans to recruit a diverse group of interviewees for the show because the Louisville arts community has a “plethora of people to go for.”

“Right now it’s looking like it’s going to be once a month because of scheduling purposes,” he said. “But that hopefully will move up and and we’ll maybe do once a week or once every couple of weeks.”

Pride said that though all of the podcast’s co-creators are active in the dramatic arts, he hopes the show’s scope extends to all facets of art and performance.

“We originally created this because we are all passionate about art–both in our art forms and in others,” he said.

Click here to subscribe to the Ad-Libbed Podcast on iTunes.