Holidates for the holidays

Holidates for the holidays

There are plenty of things to do around Louisville during the holiday season. Whether you’re with a group of friends or looking for a new date idea with your significant other, these activities will provide some inspiration.

Ice Skating

Alpine Ice Arena
Open 12-9p.m.
Admission $6, skate rental $3
1825 Gardiner Lane Louisville, Ky. 40205

Iceland Sports Complex
Open 11a.m.-2 p.m.
Admission $7

Ice skate rental $2
1701 UPS Drive Louisville, Ky. 40223

These public ice skate arenas are perfect for a few hours in the afternoon with your friends or you can pair it with a dinner for you and your significant other. It will be even cuter if you hold hands to make sure you don’t fall!

Bake holiday treats

Gingerbread houses are a holiday favorite. Invite your significant other over for a laid-back day of baking and decorating holiday goodies.

Go to a holiday party or host one

Invite your friends over to celebrate the up and coming festivities. Tell them to wear ugly holiday sweaters or tell them to each bring gifts for a gift exchange or plan ahead to arrange a Secret Santa. If you’re planning on attending a holiday party, bring your favorite treat to share.

See a holiday themed ballet or play

Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
501 W Main Street, Louisville, Ky. 40202

The two most popular holiday performances are the Brown-Forman Nutcracker and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Tickets for the Nutcracker start at $35 and tickets for the Best Christmas Pageant Ever start at $15. Both performances are holiday classics and have been showing annually for many years. Go to dinner before or after the show for a nice night with your significant other.

Take a tour of Christmas lights

Louisville Zoo’s Mega Cavern
Car/SUV/Truck/Minivan Admission $30
1841 Taylor Ave, Louisville, Ky. 40213

Drive through the unique mega caverns under Louisville. Enjoy a 30 minute ride while enjoying 17 miles of underground passageways.

Go sledding or have a snowball fight

Some great locations for winter fun are Cherokee Park, George Rogers Clark Park, Iroquois Park and Atherton High School.

Volunteer together to help those in need

Metro United Way
334 E Broadway #308, Louisville, Ky. 40202

Franciscan Kitchen/Shelter House
748 S Preston St, Louisville, Ky. 40203

Wayside Christian Mission
432 E Jefferson St, Louisville, Ky. 40202

Give back the Louisville community with your significant other during the holiday season.