Manual students take a photo with a check to the American Cancer Society after the fundraiser at the football game against St. X. Photo courtesy of @ManualAthletics on Twitter.

This Week in Manual Academics: Nov. 20-25

Thanksgiving Break

There will be no school from Wednesday, Nov. 22 to Friday, Nov. 24 due to Thanksgiving break.

YPAS Performances

YPAS will host two showings of Sophisticated Ladies for students and staff during school on Monday, Nov. 20 and Tuesday, Nov. 21 at 10 a.m.

Manual Spirit Wear

The girls’ soccer team is selling Manual spirit wear. Spirit wear can be purchased from the girls’ soccer 2017 store until Nov. 26. The orders will arrive in time for Christmas.

Breast Cancer Donation

Manual donated over $1,300 to the American Cancer Society after the fundraiser at the football game against St. Xavier.

Quick Recall

Manual’s quick recall team defeated Male on Wednesday, Nov. 15 by a score of Manual 54 (BR 10) to Male 22 (BR 4) and Manual 58 (BR 10) to Male 32 (BR 4)

Black Student Union

The Black Student Union held a sit-in on Tuesday, Nov. 14 where students sat on the steps of center hall to call for the removal of Principal Jerry Mayes. The full story can be found on RedEye. 

Reece Gunther
Reece Gunther, Editor-in-Chief
Reece Gunther was a co-Editor-in-Chief of Manual RedEye for the 2019-20 staff. He enjoys spreading kindness, helping the less fortunate and promoting laughter. You can often find him listening to podcasts or exploring the world around him, from parks to volunteer opportunities. You can contact him at [email protected]