Dasia Finch stares into the crowd during the Dazzlers halftime performance. Photo by Maya Joshi.
Dasia Finch stares into the crowd during the Dazzler’s halftime performance. Photo by Maya Joshi.

This Week in Manual Athletics: Dec. 11-16

Boys’ Basketball

Following their loss of 71-62 against Iroquois, the boys’ team will face Southern this Tuesday. Tip-off is at 7:30 p.m. at Butch Charmoli Gymnasium and this is a Crimson/Ram Card event. They will then play Central on Friday for homecoming. Tip-off will be at 7:30 p.m. at Butch Charmoli Gymnasium. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card event.

Jordan McClendon (#21, 12) weaves past the Male defense on the way to the basket. Photo by Cicada Hoyt.

Girls’ Basketball

After their win of 78-50 over Christian Academy (CAL), they girls team is set to face Presentation on Tuesday. Tip-off will be at 7:30 p.m. at Presentation. They will then go up against Central on Friday for homecoming. Tip-off will be at 6 p.m. at Butch Charmoli Gymnasium. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card event.

The girls’ basketball team takes a break from the action against CAL during a timeout. Photo Cicada Hoyt.

Wrestling

After competing in Kings of the Bluegrass last week, then will compete in Rumble in the Hive at Central. The meet will be on Saturday and times are TBA, check @ManualAthletics on Twitter for updates.

Will Kuhn (class of 2016) trying his best to get the upper hand in the match. Photo by Mai Nguyen.

Boys’ and Girls’ Diving

The diving team will compete in their first meet of the season on Thursday. The meet will be at 4 p.m. at UofL.

Boys’ Swimming

This week the boys’ team will compete in the Brother Fabius Invitational on Saturday. The meet will be at 4 p.m. at UofL.

Graham Jolly swims neck-in-neck with St. Francis swimmer Clayton Smedley. Smedley beat Jolly by a single second with a time of 33.04 seconds. Photo by Kate Hatter

Girls’ Swimming

This week the girls’ team will compete in the Girls Nite Out Invitational. The meet will be at 4 p.m. at UofL.

Sophia Korner (class of 2017) swims in heat eight of event 11, the girls’ 50 yard backstroke. She finished with a time of 41.80 seconds to place twenty-sixth. Photo by Kate Hatter

Bowling

The boys’ bowling team will face DeSales on Wednesday while the girls’ bowling will face Fern Creek. The will both compete at 3:30 p.m. at Executive Strike and Spare. Then both teams will compete in the Boyle County Baker Bonanza at Danville Bowl-O-Rama. Girls’ will compete at 9 a.m and boys’ at noon.

Many parents, siblings and friends showed up to spectate the event, which is considered the biggest bowling tournament of the season.

Dazzlers

The Dazzlers will compete in the KHSAA State Competition on Saturday at Douglas High School in Lexington, Kentucky. Times are TBA.

The Dazzlers half-time routine. Photo by Jane Mahone.

Archery

The archery team will compete in the St. Gabriel Invitational on Friday and Saturday. The meet will be at St. Gabriel, times are TBA.

Girls on the archery team look at their phone after shooting. Photo by Phoebe Monsour.