During the second match, Xueyu Shen, parent of Alice Lui a member of the JV quick recall copies the scores from the previous match to her own on Saturday October 27, 2012

This Week in Manual Academics: March 12 – 17

College 101 Night

Manual is holding a College 101 Night on March 14 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. They will talk about applications, admissions, testing and financial aid. Manual is encouraging all grades to attend and speak with University of Chicago, Centre College and Western Kentucky University representatives.

Manual’s annual College 101 Night will be held on March 14. This is the schedule for each of the rooms and speakers.

Alive at 25 Defensive Driving Course

Alive at 25 will host a drivers course for young drivers in Kentucky at Manual on March 20 and 27 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. In order to attend, you must register here. This is a required class in order to retain a full license.

Scott Lundstrom’s red Mazda after a drunk driver wrecked into it in 2014. Photo by Scott Lundstrom.

Project Graduation Fundraiser

Manual’s Project Graduation committee is holding a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza on Shelbyville Road on March 13 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. You can pick up a flyer from the front office, and you must show it for the proceeds to go to to Project Graduation.

Senior Class Officers discuss plans for a senior class project in 2013.

StAMINA Conference

StAMINA is a student-driven initiative that aims to help improve Kentucky students’ mental health. They will hold a conference with discussions and activities relating to mental health on Tuesday, March 13 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Olmstead. You can learn more here. 

Pies for Pi

The MST Catalysts are honoring Manual and YPAS staff on Wednesday, March 14 as a celebration of Pi Day. They are asking for donations for pies and beverages. You can sign up to supply items for Pi Day here. 

Louisville Academy Applications Due

The Louisville Academy program that allows students to attend a half-day at Manual and the other half at the University of Louisville is requiring that applications to participate be turned into the office by March 16.

Executive Council Applications

Executive Council, who is in charge of planning Crimson Day, Red White Week and Basketball Homecoming, released applications which are available outside Mr. Morris’ room, 339, and Spieg’s room, 325. Applications are due March 30.

Executive counsel students follow behind bagpipes, crying and sulking during the Burial of the Bulldog in 2013.
Reece Gunther
Reece Gunther, Editor-in-Chief
Reece Gunther was a co-Editor-in-Chief of Manual RedEye for the 2019-20 staff. He enjoys spreading kindness, helping the less fortunate and promoting laughter. You can often find him listening to podcasts or exploring the world around him, from parks to volunteer opportunities. You can contact him at [email protected]