Opportunities to volunteer in Louisville

Norton Bike to Beat Cancer

Any willing volunteers can help with the Norton Bike to Beat Cancer on Sept. 24 at Tom Sawyer. There will be two shifts: 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Volunteers will assist with the route, registration, event set up, pit stops, meal distribution, or safety and first aid areas. Visit Bike to Beat Cancer for more information.

Light the Night Walk

Help patients with blood cancers and commemorate survivors and lost loved ones by participating in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk! The walk will be held Oct. 1 at the Great Lawn. Festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. and the walk begins at 7:30 p.m. Registration is at Light the Night. To volunteer during the walk email Jen Pitts at [email protected].

Breast Cancer Walk

This 5K will be held on Oct. 8 at 8:00 a.m. at Waterfront Park’s South Great Lawn. Registration is $25. Students can register to walk at the Key Club Race for the Cure Team Page. To volunteer during the race, fill out an application online here.

Walk to Cure Diabetes

On October 15, anyone can volunteer at the Walk to Cure Diabetes at Waterfront Park from 9:00 – 12:00 a.m. Participants will be handing out waters, working the registration table, etc. The registration form is downloadable from Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation InternationalFor more information about Walk Day volunteer opportunities, contact 
Julia Briggs at (212)-478-4316 or send an email to [email protected].

St. James Art Show

Register to be a volunteer for the 2011 St. James Art Show Sept. 30 through Oct. 2. Call the St. James office at (502)-635-1842 and ask for Bette Kennedy, Volunteer Manager, or email [email protected], for more information. Volunteers will be needed for the week before the show (September 26 – 29) and the weekend of the show (Sept. 30 – Oct. 2).

Trunk or Treat

Volunteers are needed on Oct. 23 anytime from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Woodhaven Country Club to help with its annual Louisville Mommies Trunk or Treat event. Volunteers will help with set-up, contests, directions, and clean up.