Key Club wins big in Franklin

Key Club wins big in Franklin

This piece was submitted by Byron Mayes (10, J&C).

The duPont Manual Key Club competed in the District Convention, a three-day annual convention held in Franklin, Tennessee that takes place through March 22nd-24th, 2019 and won several awards.

Manual placed first in the platinum level award (86 member in the club), won the Annual Achievement Award, first place platinum level Major Emphasis Award, second place platinum level single service award, second place overall for club service to the Ronald McDonald House, Most Outstanding Club of Division 12, bronze level Ronald McDonald House Fundraiser Award, and the Early Bird Dues Award.

Students also won awards; Emma Keeling (11, HSU) won second place for individual Achievement for 218 hours spent at the Ronald McDonald House along with Most Outstanding Key Clubber in Division 12.

Jane Hu (11, MST) won Most Outstanding Secretary of the Kentucky-Tennessee District and Andrew Smith (12, HSU) won the $500 Andy Hutson Senior Scholarship.

Aiden Hamade (10, MST) a returning Key Club member is excited for future District Conventions. “I’m really proud of how well we did this year and I hope in the future we can win more awards,” Hamade said.

The next District Convention has not been announced yet.

About the Contributor