Support Us
$1005
$2500

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Manual Mural History & Seek and Find

Isabella Edghill
Anna Emberson’s Mural in center hall

Passing through Center Hall is nearly unavoidable on our daily treks from class to class. But rarely on these brief passes, weighed down by backpacks and to-do lists, do we stop to appreciate the art around us. One of the most prominent of these pieces is the mural on the first floor, near the main office. The mural was painted by 2022 VA graduate Anna Emberson, a student at Parsons School of Design in New York City. Standing at 20’ x 4’, the mural is full of highlights from each of Manual’s five magnets as well as various references to school traditions and culture. To help give the art the time and attention it deserves, see if you can find all the things hidden in Anna’s mural listed below:

Design by Dia Cohen
Eleven things to find on the center hall mural (Dia Cohen)
About the Contributors
Isabella Edghill
Isabella Edghill, Webmaster
Isabella Edghill is Webmaster for Manual RedEye this year. She enjoys reading and playing the violin, and is passionate about exploring issues around diversity, identity and empowerment. You can contact her at [email protected].
Dia Cohen
Dia Cohen, Photo and Design Editor
Dia Cohen is the Photo and Design Editor for Manual RedEye this year. She loves to read, play piano, draw and stargaze. She is passionate about covering criminal justice issues. In short, she's a real renaissance woman. You can contact her at [email protected].