Julius Caesar  to premier at Walden Theatre Jan. 19

Julius Caesar to premier at Walden Theatre Jan. 19

A contemporary-dress version of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar will play at Walden Theatre on the Nancy Niles Sexton Stage Jan. 19 through 28.

Shows on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings begin at 7:30 p.m., and Saturday matinees begin at 2 p.m. Evening performances cost $15 for adults and $10 for students. Matinee performances are $10 for adults and $8 for students. Groups of ten or more can reserve tickets for $8 each to any performance if the group calls ahead. Fund for the Arts ArtsCard holders can present the card for 2-for-1 tickets.

Student actors are continuing to prepare for the show. “I think the play is progressing really well. We open next week, so it’s definitely nerve wracking, but everyone in the cast works well together and supports one another. The whole cast has worked hard on developing and understanding the text to make sure that the story is fully told to the audience,” Chloé Bell, who plays Portia, said.

“Everyone is pretty anxious to get performing in front of a crowd. Somehow everything seems to come together on opening night, and we’re already on track to have a great show,” Travis Ryan, a part of the ensemble, said.