Support Us
$1005
$2500

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Fifth annual Multicultural Fair displays Manual’s diversity

Ava Blair
The sign for the multicultural fair displayed in the auditorium. Photo by Ava Blair

Manual held its fifth annual Multicultural Fair on Friday to showcase the diversity of the student body. Booths were set up in the large gym for students to try food and read about different cultures, while performances were held in the auditorium.

The performances kicked off with the band marching down the aisles and waving flags from different countries. Later, students performed a series of songs, dances and some read pieces of their own writing.

Tanisha Angoth (12, MST) and her friends danced to an array of songs from a movie made by a famous Indian producer.

“Our favorite part is that we get to share our very own culture with the school. We’re very glad to be the ones to bring it on and show how much grace and fun and variety we have in our Indian culture,” Angoth said.

Meanwhile, students also milled around the large gym trying foods from different cultures, looking at art and playing games.

“My favorite part about the Multicultural Fair is that we get this opportunity to be able to present our cultures and watch other cultures and be able to really sink in the greatness of how diverse this planet is,” Jonathan Melton (11, YPAS) said.

Principal Dr. Newman expressed the importance of showcasing and accepting the diversity of Manual’s student body.

“I’m just so proud of all of our students that participated. I’m also very appreciative of all of our student body who showed their respect for all of the performers today,” Dr. Newman said, “One of the things I am absolutely most passionate about is creating an environment of inclusion and experience that students are going to remember over time.”

About the Contributors
Kaelin Gaydos
Kaelin Gaydos, Editor in Chief
Kaelin Gaydos is the Editor In Chief of Manual RedEye. You can contact her at [email protected].
Ava Blair
Ava Blair, Sports Editor
Ava Blair is the sports editor for Manual RedEye this year. She enjoys sports photography, watching NFL football, listening to Taylor Swift and playing lacrosse. You can contact her at [email protected].