Support Us
$1005
$2500

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Artist Profile: Robbie Theuerkauf

With+5%2C278+monthly+listeners+on+Spotify%2C+Robbie+Turkoff+is+exploring+the+world+of+music+production.+
Aaron Ziegler
With 5,278 monthly listeners on Spotify, Robbie Turkoff is exploring the world of music production.

Robbie Theuerkauf (12, YPAS), an 18-year-old Louisville native, has been producing music for almost a decade. Currently, he produces hip-hop, rap and trap music under the artist name robbie t. Early on in his life, Theuerkauf was influenced by his father, who played a variety of genres, sparking Theuerkauf’s interest in musical production. 

“My dad would always play me music for as long as I can remember when I was younger. He used to play me a lot of Eminem and Kanye, and that is where my interest in rap came up,” Theuerkauf said. 

He recalls his first experience with music production around the age of nine. 

“I remember a time when I was younger and I went over to my uncle’s house and we worked on a little song in the basement on Garage Band on the computer, it was fire. That’s when I decided I wanted to save up,” he said. Around 10, Theuerkauf saved up all his money to buy FL Studio on his laptop. FL Studio is a digital audio workstation that is commonly used in the music industry, especially to produce EDM and Rap music.

“I didn’t start making anything good for like a good three years. After that, I started getting to know it and then I got it,” he said.

Theuerkauf says the way he learned how to use the platform was, “Half YouTube and half just like doing stuff and figuring it out on my own, a really big part is just figuring it out by yourself. Kinda the funnest part about it is just doing stuff and if you figure out a cool way to use it, it’s just really being creative.” 

He is currently enrolled in the YPAS Guitar Program at DuPont Manual High School. Along with his development of guitar skills, Theuerkauf also produces and releases music whenever he can find the time. Theuerkauf finds inspiration from a wide variety of artists.  

“Well right now that’s hard but of all time, Tyler the Creator, Kanye West, MF Doom, just all those guys. And some bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers,” Turkoff said when asked about his music taste. Currently, he listens to Lil Shine, Plugg n’ B, Shed Theory and BBY GOYARD.

“I really just try to get as out there as I can. I just like to experiment and be creative and I never wanna make anything that sounds like something else… I’d say my clothing and my beats match, good vibes.” Theuerkauf said when asked to describe his style within and outside of music.

“I really just wanna get my name out there, I want my music to be me. I want when someone hears my music to feel like they know me and I just want to connect with people like I’ve been able to connect with music…just spread positivity,” Theuerkauf said when asked about his large goals when it comes to his music. 

Go check out ALLOBLUNT, robbie t’s newest album!

Aaron Ziegler
Aaron Ziegler, Staffer
Aaron Ziegler is a staffer for Manual RedEye. You can contact him at [email protected].