Varsity boys’ soccer loses to Male 3-0

Manual’s varsity boys’ soccer team was defeated by Male last Thursday night, September 6th, by a score of 3-0.

“We worked hard and I think we got a little tired in the first half,” said Patrick Frentz(12). “They deserve the win, they played harder in the second half.”

After the first half, Male led Manual 1-0, their goal coming from a penalty kick scored by Stephen Merrick. Multiple people had their own opinions on how the game was going to go after the first half ended. “I feel like we are going to win!” said Kylie Krupilski (10). “We will be able to come back because our defense is really strong and so is our offense and they’re working really well together this game.”

A Male sophomore, Kayla Shults, had a different prediction: “Definitely this year has been much better than last year. I think Manual is going to try to come back, but our defense is going to be there and we’re going to win.”

Throughout the entire game, Male and Manual battled back and forth for the ball. Their minds were focused to score, in this most important rivalry game. With twenty-three minutes left in the game Manual received the ball, but Male fought back and regained possession, shortly followed by Kaleb Bayse scoring another goal making it 2-0 Male. Shortly after, Manual ran down the field to the Male side, coming really close to scoring but barely missed. Minutes later Male’s Amar Sejdic scored once again on Manual, making the score 3-0.

Kayla and the other Male fans’ hopes came true as the game came to a close with a score of 3-0; Male had defeated the Rams.

“I hope we meet back again in the playoffs, but I don’t know if we’ll get them in the draw and I’d love to see them again,” said Frentz.