Tim Comstock (12, #3) fights off a defender to try to avoid a sack. Photo by Kate Hatter

What to watch for: Manual football versus Central

1) Dominant Defense?

In the 2014 season, the Crimsons only allowed a state leading 11.3 points per game, according to MaxPreps. The Crimson defense this year is expected to do the same led by Louisville commit Derek Dorsey (12, #92). Look for the defense to be key on how far Manual goes.

2) Filling the running back hole

With the loss of star running back Michael Nero, there are questions about how effective the Manual ground attack will be. Reece West (12, #1) looks to fill that hole and strive. He broke through at the end of the year with a big game in the first round of the state tournament against McCracken County with a 3 touchdown performance. Troy Henderson (10, #29) is poised as just a Sophomore to contribute and power back Andre Teague (11, #6) is a key asset in the red zone to bulldoze over opponents front lines.

Running back Troy Henderson (10, #29) rushes for a first down. Photo by Kate Hatter

3) The Evolution of Offense

With the defense primed for another big year, all eyes are on the offense to produce. Led by quarterback Tim Comstock (12, #3) and  wide receiver Eric Niemann (12, #84), the offense is looking to be consistent this year with last year being their first season with a new up tempo style. If the offense can get the style clicking, good things are coming.

Kickoff is set for 7:30 pm on Friday night at Manual Stadium.