Things to do: Sept. 18-20

Things to do: Sept. 18-20

502 Exhibition
Through September 26
Flame Run at Louisville Glassworks – 815 West Market Street, Louisville, Ky. 40202

The Flame Run offers some of the most unique and colorful glass artwork in Louisville. The exhibition features work from Howard Wilson, a glassblower who has been creating since the 1970s, among others.

Anne Bjork Art Exhibition
Through October 20
B. Deemer Gallery – 2650 Frankfort Avenue , Louisville, KY 40206
Hungo-PaviDancer-medres_zpsfzqhqixi

The B. Deemer Gallery in Crescent Hill is displaying the works of local artist Anne Wehrley Bjork for free. Her pieces are abstract and modern, using graphite and acrylic paint. She sticks to lines and shapes that simplistically carry personality.

College & Career Expo
Sunday, September 20 at 1:00 p.m.
Kentucky Expo Center – 937 Phillips Ln, Louisville, KY 40209
Free

The College & Career Expo at the Kentucky Expo Center allows students to meet with representatives from universities ranging from all across the country or to meet potential employers. The event is one of the largest college expositions in the nation, with an average annual attendance of over 12,000. Meet with college recruiters to potentially win some of the $750,000 scholarship funds available at the expo.

Gaslight Festival 
Sunday, September 20
Skyline Park – 10416 Watterson Trail, Jeffersontown, KY 40299
Free

Go to the Gaslight Festival Balloon Glow, one of the many annual Gaslight Festival events, to see hot air balloons shine in a family-friendly environment. The Jeffersontown event also includes live music, food, and children’s activities. The Gaslight Festival concludes on September 20.

Little Shop of Horrors
Through Sunday, September 20 – Showing times vary
Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts – 501 W Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202
$19

“Little Shop of Horrors” is an Off-Off-Broadway musical based off of the 1960 horror-comedy film. The story takes place in a small Los Angeles shop where the workers have stumbled upon a mysterious plant resembling a venus flytrap.

Louisville Mini Maker Faire
Saturday, September 19 at 11 a.m.
Museum Row – 700 & 800 Blocks of W. Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202
Free

The Louisville Mini Maker Faire is part of a national chain of Mini Maker Faires and is “a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement.” The event features the inventions and art of different scientists, thinkers, engineers and crafters of Louisville, spreading their ideas.

The Louisville Orchestra
Saturday, September 19 at 7 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Iroquois Amphitheater – 1080 Amphitheater Road Louisville, KY 40214
Free

Conductor Teddy Abrams will lead the Louisville Orchestra at Iroquois Park with a variety of music as a free preview of their 2015-16 concert season.

Louisville Pride Festival
Saturday, September 19 at 11 a.m.
The Highlands – 1100-1230 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40204
Free

The first annual Louisville Pride Festival is an event created to celebrate and include the LGBTQ+ community. There will be local food and art vendors along Bardstown Road. The event will also feature live performances from Steve Grand and Karmin. Admission is free, but donations to the Louisville Pride Foundation are encouraged.

Quiet Lines: Over Time – Art by Dale Leys
Through September 26
Louisville Visual Art Association – 609 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202A-Sacred-Conversation-Small-1

The Louisville Visual Art Association is hosting an exhibit of the works of Dale Leys, a drawing professor at Murray State University. His work has the purpose of storytelling through intricate drawings and vivid colors. Leys was once featured on the KET documentary, “Drawing Life.”

WAKY Rock ‘n’ Roll Reunion Concert
Sunday, September 20 at 1:00 p.m.
Louisville Zoo – 1100 Trevilian Way, Louisville, KY 40213
Free with zoo admission

The Louisville Zoo will host the annual 103.5 WAKY Rock ‘n’ Roll Reunion Concert. The lineup includes bands such as the Wulfe Brothers and Caribou playing 60s and 70s rock hits.