The Manual flag gracefully blows in the wind.

This Week in Manual Athletics: March 27

Boys’ Lacrosse

The boys’ Lacrosse team faced a tough loss last week to St.X 24-1. This week the team will be playing two games. Today the varsity team will play against Lexington Christian starting at 7 pm. Next, they will play at South Oldham, the Varsity game will start at six, and the JV game 7:30.

Girls’ Lacrosse

In honor of Savannah Walker, coach Dean’s daughter, the girls’ lacrosse team encouraged the whole school to wear yellow. This week the team will play one game. The JV Red team will travel to Presentation at 7 pm today.

Baseball

The varsity baseball team faced their first loss of the season to St. X last week to a score of 11-1. This week the Varsity team will play at Shelby County at 6:00 on Tuesday and Holy Cross the next day at 7:30. The Varsity team will then play rivals Male High School Thursday night at Male. The last time the Crimsons faced off against the Bulldogs, Manual won in extra innings by a score of 6-5 in the regional semifinals.

Softball

This week the girls’ softball team will play a total of five games. Today they will play against Moore at the George’s Sauer Athletic Complex at 5:30. Next, the team will play at North Bullitt at 5:00 on Tuesday, on Thursday the team will also travel to Atherton and play at 5:00. Over the weekend the team will play two games in the Caroll County Invitational.

Track and Field

The Girls’ Track and Field team won Overall in the Battle of the Bluegrass tournament this past weekend, with the Boys’ team winning second place. This week the team will have a meet at St. X on Tuesday, March 28. Both teams will then go to the North Oldham Invitational Thursday, March 30.

Tennis

The Boys’ tennis team will face off against St. Francis at Chickasaw Park today at 4:00. Next, the team will play against South Oldham at Central park at 4:30 on Tuesday. The Girls’ tennis team will have a busy week ahead of them, with the first match facing off against Assumption, today, at Top Gun at 4:00. Next, the team will play and face off against Butler at Central Park at 3:00; the last match will be held at Central Park against North Bullitt on Thursday at 4:00.

View Comments (1)
$1005
$2500