Photo by Luke Smith.
Photo by Luke Smith.

TWIMA: May 1-5

Baseball
The baseball team defeated Portland Christian last week by a score of 17-0. The team went on to defeat Bullitt East 6-5 in the opening round of the LIT Tournament, but fell to Henry Clay 6-1 in round two of the tournament. The team will go on to play Moore High School Monday night at 5:30 p.m. at Derby City Field. Tuesday, the team will play Eastern at 6:30 p.m. at Derby City. Both of these games will be Crimson Card events. The last game of the week will be on Thursday at North Bullitt at 5:30 p.m.

Softball
The softball team is coming back from a big week after facing off against Central, Ballard, Portland Christian and winning the Beast of the East Woodford Invitational. The team will have three games this week. Monday, the Lady Crimsons will face off against Presentation at St. Rita’s at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, the team will host Eastern at 5 p.m. The last game of the week will be Thursday as they travel to Meade County and play at 6 p.m.

Boys’ Lacrosse
The boys’ lacrosse team played North Hardin, North Oldham and Ballard last week. This Wednesday, the team will face off against Male on the Crimsons’ Senior Night. This will be the last home game of the season. The game is set to start at 6 p.m. at Manual Stadium and will be a Crimson Card event.

Girls’ Lacrosse
The girls’ lacrosse team beat Male 12-8 last week at home. This was a big win for the team and now they will host their senior night Tuesday against North Oldham at 7:30 p.m., which will be a Crimson Card event. This is the team’s only game this week.

Tennis
The boys’ tennis team will have two matches this week. Monday, the team will play Trinity at Top Gun at 4 p.m.

Track and Field 
The team will have the first of two meets this week at St. Xavier on Tuesday. Next the team will compete in the Sundown Invitational at Oldham County on Thursday. The last meet of the week will be the Dream Mile at St. X on Friday. This meet consists of the top 16 mile runners in the state, three of which are Manual girls.