Manual football players running off the field after a play.

Crimsons demolish Redhawks to move to 3-2 on the season

The Manual Football team traveled to Seneca High School and pummeled the Redhawks on Friday night by a score of 42-0. The win was Manual’s third in a row, moving them to 3-2 on the season.

Manual came out firing on all cylinders, scoring on its first four drives in the first half. A touchdown run by Aidan Robbins (#7, 11),and two more scores on the ground from Ramont Townsend (#26, 9) gave Manual three of its four touchdowns in the first half.

The typically conservative Manual offense that thrives on running the ball showed it has some razzle-dazzle on a trick play in the second quarter that led to a touchdown. Alex Conlin (#10, 11) lined up at wide receiver and went in motion behind Quarterback Zach Recktenwald (#17, 10), who pitched the ball to Conlin, who then threw the ball to a wide open Chambers Sutton (#13, 12) in the end zone.

“We said we need to come out and take care of business, you know, and we did. We built up a lead, and that’s what we need to do—just break them down a little bit and do our thing,” Manual Head Coach Scott Carmony said.

Townsend kept his foot on the gas pedal in the second half, scoring an impressive 27-yard touchdown run on the Crimson’s opening possession. The ensuing two point conversion from Alan Pascua (#81, 12), to Graham Overstreet (#85, 11) gave the Crimsons a 36-0 lead over the Redhawks.

Per Kentucky High School Athletic Association rules, once a team is leading by 36 points the game clock runs continuously, barring an injury or a timeout called by one of the teams.

Defensive Back Sterling Patillo (#8, 11) intercepted a pass from Seneca’s quarterback and took it back 38 yards for Manual’s final touchdown of the night.

Seneca showed signs of life on their last possession of the game, but were unable to get the ball into the end zone before time expired.

“I feel like we need to work as a team offensively and defensively,” Seneca’s defensive lineman Davon Burnett (#90, 12) said. “Just try to move the ball, just try to put it in the endzone, but mainly work as a team.”

“I think defense got better. We struggled. We’ve got younger guys coming in now and playing better ball, so the defense is coming together,” Seneca Coach Torrey Shinholster said.

Next Friday Manual will play at Butler at 7 p.m.