Manual prepares for a free kick late in the 2nd half. Credit to Manual Boys Soccer Facebook

Rams fall to Bulldogs in soccer 3-0

The Manual boys’ soccer team lost 3-0 against long-time rival, Male, last night.

Male scored early in the first half off of a penalty kick. The Bulldogs went into the half up 1-0 on the Crimsons.

Halftime at the Male vs Manual soccer game. Male up 1-0.

— CSPN Sports (@theCSPNsports) September 5, 2018

Male scored halfway through the second half, once again in the final 10 minutes to seal the win.

Male beat Manual in their first meeting of the year to improve to 4-2 on the season while Manual fell to 1-3.

Male head coach Daniel Anderson mentioned how proud of his team and the direction they’re going in during a post-game interview.

Despite their loss, the Manual soccer team is taking it as a learning experience.

“We’re gonna come back for sure, obviously, in practices, we’re gonna run a lot more and work harder so this doesn’t happen again,” Oliver Weber (12, HSU) said.

Male’s soccer team was aggressive during the game and fought hard to solidify their win and put them higher in the ranks. Photo courtesy of Manual Boys’ Soccer Facebook Page.

Manual’s next game is Monday, Sept. 10, at 5:00 p.m. against Butler at Butler High School.