Manual varsity football team defeats Ballard in Homecoming game

On September 16, the Ballard Bruins entered Manual Stadium to take on the No. 2 ranked duPont Manual Crimsons on Homecoming night.

The Crimsons defeated the Bruins by a comfortable margin; however, they found themselves tested in the first half.

After two quarters of play, Manual found themselves down 7-0, unable to accomplish anything substantial on offense. 

According to SS Ty Martin (10), “Well we came out flat an had a bad half. But Coach Lucas’s half time speech brought us a whole new attitude for the second half.”

Manual certainly seemed to come out of the locker room focused. After a shaky start, the Crimsons came out fired up and ready to do buisness. A pair of rushing touchdowns by Dishan Romine (11) and DarMontre Warr (12) gave Manual the lead and they never looked back. 

“At halftime we made adjustments and found flaws in the defense that allowed us to take control of the game,” RT George Dailey (10) said. 

The Crimsons ended up winning 35-7, and are now 4-0. They will travel to Seneca High School this week to take on the 1-4 Red Hawks.