Fall break festivities for Manual students

This post was submitted to Manual RedEye by Katie McCartney (10, J&C).

This upcoming weekend is duPont Manual’s fall break, so here are some fun and cheap activities going on in Louisville Oct. 5-Oct. 7.  

On Friday Oct. 5 is the start of the 62nd Annual St. James Court Art ShowThis art show is free and held in the Old Louisville neighborhood from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday.

The next event is the Manual vs. St. Xavier football game, Friday night starting at 7:30 p.m. The game will cost $7 at the gate, or you can get a ticket at Manual’s front office anytime during the school day this week for $5.

To continue the fall break, on Saturday the Louisville Halloween Parade and Festival is being held in the Highlands from noon-9 p.m. This event is free to the public and features craft booths, food and live entertainment, perfect for a night out with family or friends. The Louisville Halloween Parade and Festival was named one of the Top 10 Halloween parades in the country.

If Halloween parades aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other fun activities you can attend during the long fall break. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk is Saturday night from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. at Louisville Slugger Field. This walk funds treatments for patients that have leukemia or lymphoma. You can register online and donate to teams participating in the walk. This walk is to spread awareness for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, as well as advocating for lifesaving treatments.

Thursday is the start of the Louisville Jack O’Lantern Spectacular is Oct. 7. The event is held at Iroquois Amphitheater and runs from dusk to 11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, and closes at midnight on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are for sale for $13 when you go on a weekday and the event is held rain or shine.

Autumn in Cherokee Park” by LuAnn Snawder Photography on Flickr is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0. No changes were made to the original image. Use of the image does not indicate photographer endorsement of the article. For the full license, click here.