Upcoming senior events to look forwards to

Ofelia Mattingly

There are roughly 27 days left in the 2021-22 school year, with final exams and AP tests fast approaching to round it all out. However, there are a variety of exciting events for senior students to look forward to after all the hard work and heavy lifting is over. The class of 2022 has had a rather unusual high school experience and has missed out on a plethora of typical high school events/experiences. That is why many are feeling extra excited about the upcoming senior events in May. 

The school released the upcoming events for seniors to take part in. Graphic courtesy of DuPont Manual High School.
(DuPont Manual High School)

Prom

One of the major events many seniors are excited about is prom, especially since the class of 2022 never got to have a junior prom. Prom will be held at The Olmsted on Saturday, May 14. The doors will open at 8:00 p.m. and will last until 12:00 a.m. Tickets will be $30 for Manual students and $40 for students who attend other schools. 

Senior Awards

YPAS seniors will have their award ceremony on Saturday, May 9 on the YPAS mainstage. The rest of the senior class will have their awards ceremony on Saturday, May 16 in the Manual large gym. Both will begin at 6:00 p.m.

Class trip

The senior class will be taking a trip to Holiday World on Thursday, May 19. Students will leave the school at 8:00 a.m. and return around 7:00 p.m. Tickets will be $20 and the cost will cover both transportation and lunch. 

Movie Night

Movie night will be held on Friday, May 20 from 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at Manual Stadium. The exact movie shown has yet to be determined. 

Senior Picnic

The picnic will be held after graduation practice on Monday, May 24. There will be food trucks and field day style games present. 

Senior Walk

Senior walk is a long held tradition, where students walk through the entire building and can relive their memories. Typically, students and staff line the halls to congratulate and praise seniors as well. This will occur on Thursday, May 26 for half the day.

Graduation

The school administration released this graphic about graduation for students and parents to view. Graphic courtesy of DuPont Manual High School. (DuPont Manual High School)

Finally, the last senior event will be graduation! Graduation will be held on Friday, May 27 at 9:00 a.m. at Freedom Hall. However, if the district misses another day of school, graduation will be pushed back to Saturday, May 28 at 3:00 p.m.

The class of 2022 is nearing the end of their high school career, with it coming, many feelings of excitement and anticipation for what’s to come after. These events are designed to help celebrate students and their accomplishments.