Support Us
$1005
$2500

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

5 Manual student-athletes commit to play collegiate sports

Athletic Director, David Zuberer, recognizing the five seniors signing National Letters of Intent. (Photo courtesy of Principal Dr. Newman’s Twitter.)

On Tuesday, the senior signing occurred for five current Manual seniors who are committing to play collegiate sports.

This is an important day where the past is celebrated, as a cumulation of hard work over the last four years of high school sports, and the future is anticipated. The signing ceremony was filled with friends and family celebrating this huge milestone for the student-athletes. 

The seniors that signed are as follows: 

Chase Chamberlain, Baseball, Bellarmine University

“It feels amazing to be committed, I am looking forward to facing tougher competition and continuing my career,”

— Chase Chamberlain (12,HSU)

Emilia Clemons, Softball, College of Coastal Georgia 

Emme Hinson-Hasty, Field Hockey, University of Richmond 

Mary Hoerter, Volleyball, Thomas More University

Carmen Maudlin, Field Hockey, Michigan State University 

“It feels amazing to be committed, I am looking forward to facing tougher competition and continuing my career,” said Chase Chamberlain (12, HSU), who was ecstatic about the journey ahead of him.

“The job isn’t done yet, this is just one more step to where I want to be. I’m looking forward to playing in college with like-minded people, and at a more competitive level,” said Emme Hinson-Hasty (12, HSU).

At the end of the ceremony, Manual’s athletic director David Zuberer congratulated the seniors and let them know that their Manual Family would always be there for them as alums. 

The next senior signing ceremony will be in the spring for student-athletes who are committing in the winter and spring.

Naomi Fields
Naomi Fields, Staffer
Naomi Fields is a staffer for Manual RedEye. She enjoys listening to music, being with friends, watching sports, traveling, and playing field hockey. You can contact her at [email protected].