The Crimsons football team after a game in 2023.
Ava Blair

Manual hires Keith Eckloff as new head football coach

On Monday, Manual administration announced that Keith Eckloff would replace interim head coach Josh Gillispie for the 2024 football season. 

Eckloff was the head coach for Secena for five years before leaving for Manual. At Seneca, he amassed an overall record of 16-31. He was an assistant coach at Male before taking over the head coach job at Seneca. 

This past July, Gillispie took over the program after the former head coach was removed from the position. In his season as head coach, he won 6A Coach of the Year and led the Crimsons to a 9-3 season.

We sincerely appreciate Interim Coach Josh Gillespie for guiding the program through the 2023 season,” said Athletic Director David Zuberer.

Eckloff is excited for his future with the Crimsons.

“I can’t tell you how excited I am. Obviously, it’s a tremendous job I’m stepping into,” Eckloff said in an interview with the Courier-Journal.

The players are looking forward to the upcoming season with Eckloff and seeing how the team can grow and improve under his new leadership.

“It will give us someone new to the program who is trying to help us get a championship. He’s here to build his own program,” Corey Chapman (10, HSU) said.

The football team will start their first season with Eckloff as head coach next August.

Ava Blair
Ava Blair, Sports Editor
Ava Blair is the sports editor for Manual RedEye this year. She enjoys sports photography, watching NFL football, listening to Taylor Swift and playing lacrosse. You can contact her at [email protected].