Final semester testing dates

Ofelia Mattingly

Michelle Quan (11, J&C) works on her AP Language and Composition practice exam to prepare for the upcoming AP test. Photo by Ofelia Mattingly.

Ofelia Mattingly

As we enter the final four weeks of the school year, students are required to take end of the year exams.. In the month of May, students have to take the KSA, AP exams and  final exams for each class. Here is the necessary information about these upcoming exams to write in your schedule.

KSA

This school year the Kentucky State Assessment (KSA) will be administered to sophomores and juniors, with sophomores taking reading and math exams and juniors taking science, social studies and on-demand writing exams. KSA testing is set to occur between May 13 and May 19. 

During Crimson Hour this Thursday, Dr. Newman will meet with the sophomore and junior class to talk about additional information about the KSA. The testing schedule will be released by the administration next week.

AP Exams

The College Board has released the dates for the upcoming 2022 AP exams. The AP exams will happen between May 2nd and May 13th, with morning and afternoon exams. Unlike the last two years, the AP exams will not be taken digitally or at-home.

Finals

For underclassmen, finals will take place during the week of May 23rd, which is also the last week of school. Monday and Tuesday exams will happen for 1st and 3rd block, while Wednesday and Thursday exams will occur for 2nd and 3rd block. The school schedule will be altered for students to provide ample time for studying for their exams.

Seniors on the other hand will have their finals between May 16th and the 23rd because of senior events that are scheduled. Monday and Wednesday will have 1st and 3rd period exams, while 2nd and 4th period exams will happen on the following Thursday and Friday.

For additional information or questions about any of these exams, contact the test coordinator, Mr. Braun. His contact information can be found on the duPont Manual website