Senior Athletic Commitments: Fall 2022

Morgan Schmidt

As much as Manual celebrates the academic achievements of its students, the athletic achievements that some of our students also achieve is astonishing. Below is a current list of seniors who have verbally announced their commitment to a school to continue their athletic and academic journey.

Mia Leon; Lacrosse: Wofford College, SC

“I felt supported as soon as I walked onto Wofford’s campus and just knew it was home.”

Taylor Clark; Field Hockey: Queen’s University, NC.

“I chose Queens because of its beautiful campus and amazing business/internship opportunities it has to offer; being in a big city, it also felt like home and I got a great sense of community on campus.”

Shelby Young; Field Hockey: Lincoln Memorial University, TN.

“I chose LMU because of the tight knit community of students and athletes where I can have fun, but still focus on academics, as well as the beautiful campus.”

Jenna Brown; Swim & Dive: University of Nebraska, NE.

“I chose the University of Nebraska because I feel like it is the best fit for me, and it will continue to challenge me academically and athletically, while providing a great atmosphere for an amazing college experience!”

Lainey Hockersmith; Lacrosse: Lincoln Memorial University, TN.

“I chose Lincoln Memorial because the team felt like family and I immediately fit in with them.”

Nya Bunton; Volleyball: University of Texas, TX.

“I chose Texas because of the culture, people, reputation and atmosphere when I visited and talked to them during my recruiting process.”

Austyn Peak; Baseball: Morehead State University, KY.

“I chose Morehead State because I like the way the coaches run the program.”

Josie Mundell; Lacrosse: Central Michigan University, MI.

“Central Michigan had everything I was looking for: a large university with a lot of academic opportunities, great training facilities, and a competitive team that I’m eager to train with and represent.”

Travis Smith; Soccer: Wake Forest University, NC.

“I chose Wake because it was a great mixture of a top tier soccer team with amazing academics.”

Jessie Secor; Cross Country: University of Tennessee, TN.

“When I visited I really felt like I clicked with the coaches and the environment there so much!”

Amare Townsend; Football: Southeast Missouri State, MO.

“I chose Southeast Missouri State, because it gave me the opportunity to go to college for free without my family spending a dollar; also the coaching staff and what they preached got me to commit.”

Beni Tshita; Football: Marshall 

“I chose Marshall because I felt like that’s the best environment and school for me to be at for both athletic and academic aspects.”

Jakayla Thompson; Basketball: University at Buffalo 

“I wanted a place where I could succeed on and off the court, the players also made me feel at home.”