This week in Manual athletics: April 24-29

The Manual varsity softball team’s defense covers the field during a game. Photo by Katie Dikes

Katie Dikes

Monday: The boys’ varsity baseball team will play against Southern at Southern at 5 pm. The boys’ JV and freshman-sophomore teams will play against DeSales at DeSales. The JV game is at 5:30 pm, while the freshman-sophomore game is at 7:30 pm. The varsity and JV softball teams will play against Bullitt East at George Saur Athletic Complex. Varsity will play at 5 pm, followed by JV at 6:30 pm. The boys’ junior varsity tennis team will play against North Oldham at North Oldham at 4:15 pm. The girls’ JV tennis team will also play against Waggener at Waggener at 3:30 pm.

Tuesday: The boys’ varsity and JVbaseball teams will face off against Male at Derby City Field. Varsity will play at 5 pm and JV will play at 7 pm. The boys’ varsity lacrosse team will play against Henry Clay at duPont Manual Memorial Stadium at 6 pm. The girls’ varsity lacrosse team will honor their seniors in their game against Male at Rachel Baker Field at 7 pm. Prior to, the girls’ JV lacrosse team will play Atherton at 5:30 pm. The varsity and JV softball teams will play against Male at Male. The varsity game is at 6 pm and JV at 7:30 pm. The boys’ varsity tennis team will also play against Collegiate at Seneca Park at 4:30 pm.

Wednesday: The ESports team will compete in the KHSAA State Championships in the Super Smash Bros and League of Legends tournaments at the University of Kentucky Cornerstone Lounge at 9 am. The girls’ freshman lacrosse team will compete in the Freshmen League held at Sacred Heart Academy against Sacred Heart at 7:30 pm. The boys’ JV tennis team will play against Bullitt East at Charlie Vettiner at 4 pm. The girls’ varsity tennis team will also be playing against Floyd Central at Floyd Central at 4 pm. The boys’ and girls’ track teams will compete in the Male Master Meet at Male, starting at 4:30 pm. 

Thursday: The boys’ varsity baseball team will compete against Central at Western at 5 pm. The boys’ varsity and junior varsity lacrosse teams will play against Ballard at duPont Manual Memorial Stadium. The varsity game will start at 6 pm, followed by JV at 8 pm. The varsity and JV softball teams will play against Butler at Shively Park. The varsity game will start at 5:30 pm, followed by JV at 7 pm. The boys’ varsity tennis team will also be playing against KCD at KCD at 4 pm. 

Friday: There are no athletic events scheduled for today.

Saturday: The boys’ varsity baseball team will compete in the Trinity Triangle at Trinity. They will first play at 11 am against Trinity and then against Hazard at 1 pm. The boys’ varsity and JV lacrosse teams will play against South Warren at duPont Manual Memorial Stadium. The varsity game will be held at 3 pm, followed by JV at 4:45 pm. The girls’ varsity and JV lacrosse teams will play against Ballard at Ballard. The varsity game will begin at 5 pm, followed by JV at 6:30 pm. The softball team will play in the 5-Star Invitational at Lafayette, with the time still to be determined. Finally, the boys’ and girls’ track teams will be competing in the Brother Borgia track meet at St. Xavier.