Everything you need to know about Red/White Week

Here is the complete schedule for 2012-2013 Red/White Week:

Monday 10/15
Costume Day & Ramstock in the courtyard from 2:30-4 p.m.

Tuesday 10/16
‘Merica Day (Ramstock rain out day)

Wednesday 10/17
Pajama Day & Crimson Carnival on front lawn from 2:30-4 p.m.

Thursday 10/18
Doomsday & Burial of the Bulldog at 7:15 a.m. in Center Hall

Friday 10/19
Spirit Day! Pep rally from 1:20-2:20 p.m., Old Rivalry game @ Male, 7:30 p.m.

This year, ‘Merica Day will replace Nerd day. “We had a day where we did a blind vote for Red/White week themes,” Executive Council member Ben Speelman (11) said. These themes include heroes and villains, jungle day, old people, sci-fi, and nerd day.

‘Merica is similar to last years sophomore classes (2014) theme “Red, White and BluePont.” “I think [‘Merica] will be fun. It was the 2014 theme last year and I had a lot of fun so I hope the whole school will too,” Executive Council member Samantha Crowder (11) said.

Some of the themes were controversial and ended up not being usable. “I honestly wanted to do old people day but we couldn’t because some people felt certain teachers might be offended,” Executive Council member Kendra Ford (11) said.

Red/White Week is Manual’s spirit week designed to build up anticipation and enthusiasm for the Old Rivalry game against Male High School.