Executive Council plans end-of-year activities

New elections and the annual officer luncheon are being planned as executive council begins their end-of-year routine.

Elections will be determining the new president, vice president, treasurer, secretary and pep representative for the 2013-2014 school year.

Timberly Hibbs (10) is anxiously awaiting this year’s election. “I’m excited about running in this year’s election because as a sophomore I have more experience with executive council. I think it will be a fun experience and it will look really good on college applications,” he said.

Hibbs plans on running for vice president in the 2013-2014 school year.

There are high hopes of change to come with this year’s elections. “If I’m elected as the president, my first plan will be to improve the homecoming dances. The dances have a bad reputation and don’t sell very many tickets so that leaves a shortage of money for the red/white week budget. I plan on getting better DJs and better decorations and food,” said Maranda Sutton (10).

Planning has just begun for the annual luncheon for the officers. The date and location are still to be determined.