Lead singer of O.A.R., Marc Roberge, performing in Sarasota in 2011. 
Photo provided by http://www.commons.wikimedia.org (Matthew Straubmuller)
Lead singer of O.A.R., Marc Roberge, performing in Sarasota in 2011. Photo provided by http://www.commons.wikimedia.org (Matthew Straubmuller)

Things to Do: Nov. 8-10

Friday, Nov. 8

Manual v. Ballard Varsity Football first round playoff game @ Ballard
6000 Brownsboro Rd.
Louisville, KY 40222
$7.00
This game is the first round game of the KHSAA class 6A playoffs. Students are encouraged to go to Ballard High School Friday night and support the Varsity Football team(s).

Thor: The Dark World premiere
All movie theaters
112 minutes long
Movie buffs and Thor fans have the opportunity to see the premiere of the “Thor” sequel “Thor: The Dark World” Friday night. IMDb describes the movie: Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Saturday, Nov. 9

O.A.R. @ Louisville Palace

625 South Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202
7:30pm, $33 tickets, ALL AGES
O.A.R. (Of A Revolution) will be performing at Louisville Palace this Saturday, the second stop on their Tailgate Tour. With hit songs like “This Town”, and “Heaven”, this show will be exciting for people of all ages.

Sunday, Nov. 10

Hello Neighbor: Day of Dignity @ The Muhammad Ali Center
144 N. Sixth Street
12pm-5pm, free. Donations accepted.
Benefitting the Kentucky Refugees Ministries and Catholic Charities refugees program, attendees will have the opportunity to see the Ali Center and be entertained by dance lessons, international foods and live music. This get together is for Louisville citizens to meet each other and realize the importance of making friends with “different life experiences and backgrounds.” Access to this event is free with the donation of one or more of the following items: coats, gloves, hats, scarves, alarm clocks, blankets, shower curtains, can openers, plates, utensils, cups, and pots and pans.

Open Mic @ The Kentucky Center
501 W. Main Street (East Room)
Louisville, KY, 40202
4pm-6pm, free
This is an all-ages, monthly event presented by River City Drum Corp & ArtsReach. Those interested in signing up need to show up 5-10 minutes early to do so. Like most open mic events, this event consists of the public reading of the creative writing of Louisville citizens. The next Open Mic will be on December 8.