YPAS Dance Concert poster featured in the Manual hallways. Photo by Marissa Mitchell.

Things to do: Feb. 21-23

Friday, Feb. 21

Girls’ Varsity Basketball game vs. Ballard @ Bellarmine University

2001 Newburg Rd.

$5 during lunches, 6pm

Due to a pipe bursting an Ballard’s basketball court, the basketball games will be held at Bellarmine.

The Girls’ basketball team will be starting the night off. Tickets can be purchased at the game. Crimson cards will not be accepted. Be sure to come out and show your school spirit.

Boys’ Varsity Basketball game vs. Ballard @ Bellarmine University

2001 Newburg Rd.

$5 during lunches, 7:30pm

The Boys’ basketball game will be following the girls’ game. Tickets are the same price.

YPAS Dance Concert Opening Night

YPAS

7:30pm, $9-$12

The Youth Performing Arts School dancers have been preparing for their spring dance concert, and it’s finally here. Opening on Friday, there will be another showing at the same time on Saturday, and a matinee performance on Sunday at 2:30. Manual students, staff, and parents are encouraged to come.

Saturday, Feb. 22

“La Sylphide” Ballet @ The Kentucky Center

501 W. Main Street

$30, 2pm

All of Manual’s dancers and dance fans may be interested in this event. The story of this ballet is centered around a Scottish farmer involved in conflicts that intensify the plot. This ballet hasn’t been performed in Louisville for over ten years.

“The Jungle Book” @ Derby Dinner Playhouse

525 Marriott Drive

Clarksville, IN

$17, 9am or 12pm

If you’re a fan of The Jungle Book, Disney movies, or live performances in general, this performance is definitely for you. The shows start at 10am and 1pm, but be sure to get there an hour earlier to enjoy a breakfast prepared by the Playhouse.

Sunday, Feb. 23

“Four Films, Four Countries, Four Days” opening night @ University of Louisville

Chao Auditorium

Free, 6pm

Following up on last year’s premiere of “Three Films, Three Countries, Three Days,” four different films from four different countries will be premiered over the course of four days at the auditorium, beginning Sunday. “My Time Will Come,” a 2008  Ecuadorian drama, will be shown on Sunday evening.

Mary Mack @ The Bard’s Town

1801 Bardstown Road

$10 in advanced, $12 at the door, 7:30pm

Mary Mack is an upcoming comedian who has been featured on many podcasts, including “The Bob and Tom Show.” She is a musical comedian, so instruments such as a mandolin and a clarinet will be featured. She also plays the voice of the main character of “Golan the Insatiable,” a new cartoon on Fox.