We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

Support Us
$730
$1000

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Manual BSU to attend annual March on Frankfort

Manual’s Black Student Union is organizing a field trip to the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights March on Frankfort on Wednesday, March 5.

The event commemorates the historic gathering at Kentucky’s state capital to demonstrate support for a statewide public accommodations bill on March 5th, 1964. The march earned nationwide attention that helped defeat segregation in Kentucky and led to the Kentucky Civil Rights Act.

“The March is very important for us as teenagers to attend because 50 years ago, people our age were attending this march to fight for their rights and there are still advancements to be made,” said Brandon Colbert (11, J&C), an organizer for the event.

The March will be held from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and the rally will start after 11 and end at 12:15. Signed permission slips and the $12 fee are due to Mr. Miller in room 252 by Monday, March 3. Students interested in attending can download and print the permission slip from this link.