Photograph of Louisvilles own Actors Theatre. 
Photo provided by Wayne Hsieh from Flickr Creative Commons.
Photograph of Louisville’s own Actor’s Theatre. Photo provided by Wayne Hsieh from Flickr Creative Commons.

Things to do: Feb. 13-16

Friday, Feb. 13

“The Nightmare Before Valentine’s Day” 

Art from the Heart Gallery- 902 E. Washington Street

Seven p.m. – 11 p.m. (Friday), 10 a.m. – four p.m. (Tuesday through Friday by appointment)

Free

This gallery features unique art from two different couples: Ryan and Bridget Case (imagery and poetry) and Tony and Jada Lynn Dixon (classical mythology pieces).

Val Caniparoli’s “A Cinderella Story”

Louisville Ballet at the Kentucky Center for the Arts- 501 W. Main Street

eight p.m. (Friday and Saturday), two p.m. (Saturday).

$32+

Many may remember the movie “A Cinderella Story” starring Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray, however, this ballet is not centered around that plot of that movie. This production is more of a modern telling of Cinderella, but in this case, Cinderella is now Nancy and she meets her “Prince Charming,” Bob, at a dance studio. There’s plenty of ballet and ballroom dancing to go around!

Annual Manual v. Male Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Rivalry Basketball Game

Male High School- 4409 Preston Highway

Girls- six p.m.

Boys- 7:30p.m.

$7

This is the basketball game that all Manual and Male students have been waiting for – the rivalry game. Make sure you come to Male High School this Friday night to support our Boys’ and Girls’ Varsity Basketball teams. All Manual students are encouraged to wear all black to the game. Check Redeye and @theCSPNsports for coverage of the game.

Saturday, Feb. 14

‘Art of Love’ 

The Little Loomhouse- 328 Kenwood Road

12 p.m. – four p.m.

Free

This interesting event is not something Louisville gets to see very often. This exhibition will feature many pieces of ‘love art’ inspired by tattoos. Those who attend will get a free chocolate bar, as well as free, non-permanent henna tattoos. The artists will be available to discuss their work.

E.L. James’ “Fifty Shades of Grey”

Various movie theatres around the city

Premiers Valentines Day

various prices

This movie has been one of the most anticipated movies so far this year, and it’s got the ladies going crazy! “Fifty Shades of Grey” began to really become popular in 2014. Ever since there’s been word of a movie being made based on the book, many ladies have been impatiently waiting for it. It’s finally here.This is a romantic movie that you and your significant other could go see and hopefully enjoy.

Sunday, Feb. 15

A Taste of Yoga 

Rainbow Blossom Natural Food Market – 3046 Bardstown Road

various times from 2/15 to 2/21

Free

If you’ve ever been interested in trying yoga, this is the event for you. 20 free classes will be provided to Louisvillians for both beginner and advanced students. The full schedule can be accessed on the Rainbow Blossom website linked in above.

“At the Vanishing Point”

Actor’s Theatre – 316 W. Main Street

2:30 p.m. – nine p.m.

various prices

This production tells some history and some myths about Louisville’s own Butchertown. The production first premiered in the 2004 Humana Festival. Over ten years later, the production has been re-envisioned and will feature music by Louisville-native Ben Sollee.

“My Funny Valentine” Comedy Jam

Kentucky Center (Whitney Hall) 501 W. Main Street

Seven p.m. – nine p.m.

$52

This stand-up comedy special will feature comedians D.L. Hughley, Adele Givens, Aries Spears and John Witherspoon (a.k.a. the guy who play Pops on the show “The Wayans Bros.”, as well as the voice of ‘Granddad’ on Adult Swim’s “The Boondocks”.)