After their senior night performance, the undeclassmen players grab the seniors for a group hug. Photo by Mesa Serikali

This Week In Manual Athletics: Oct. 1-6

Volleyball

The girls will have three games this week, the first against Pleasure Ridge Park (PRP) on Monday, starting time is TBA. This game will be held at PRP. The team will host Atherton High School on Tuesday starting at 7:00 p.m. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card event. Finishing off the week, the girls will travel to Collins High School on Thursday, the starting time being TBA.

Emily porta sets Taylor Little who makes a kill.

Football

The boys will be traveling to St. Xavier High School this Friday, going head-to-head against one of the major rivals of the year. JCPS students will not have school this day, but the game is still on. The game will start at 7:30 p.m.

Girls’ Soccer

The girls’ soccer team will only have one game this week against South Oldham High School. The game will take place at South Oldham, beginning at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

Junior Izzie Zamborini running the ball down the field with a Male player defender her.

Boys’ Soccer

On Tuesday, the boys will host South Oldham High School beginning at 7:00 p.m. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card event. Finishing out the week, the boys will travel to Collins High School on Thursday beginning at 7:00 p.m.

Male vs Manual boys soccer teams go up for a ball. Credit Manual Boys Soccer Facebook Page

Field Hockey

The girls will host two games this week, both being a Crimson/Ram Card event. The first one will be on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. against Presentation Academy. To end the week, the second game will be against Mercy Academy on Thursday starting at 7:00 p.m.

This past weekend, the field hockey team won the Huskie Invitational Tournament in Chicago.

Cross Country 

The cross country team will not have any races this week but traveled to the Nike Valley Twilight race this past weekend.

Mia Treinen (9, J&C) won the freshman/sophomore race at this meet.

Maddie Gamertsfelder, Co-Editor-in-Chief, 2019-2020
Maddie Gamertsfelder was a co-Editor-in-Chief on Manual RedEye for the 2019-20 staff. You can catch her on the lacrosse field, at a Y-club meeting, at Blaze Pizza. or hanging out with her friends. You can reach her at [email protected].