Crimsons line up for the opening kickoff as the game begins. Photo by EP Presnell.

This Week In Manual Athletics: Sept. 10-13

This week, Jefferson County Public Schools had Monday and Tuesday off of school, not holding any official games besides the Volleyball District Championships.

Volleyball

To finish off a great season, the girls’ volleyball team competed in the District Volleyball Championship and gained the title of the 25th District Champions.

Football

This Friday, the boys will host Pleasure Ridge Park High School (PRP) beginning at 7:30 p.m. This will be a Crimson/Ram Card event and a pink-out game.

Girls’ Soccer 

The girls’ soccer team ended their regular season on Oct. 3 with a victory over the South Oldham Dragons. The District Tournament games will begin sometime in the next week, times are TBA.

Boys’ Soccer

The boys will begin their first District Tournament game today at Central High School against Saint Francis High School, beginning at 7:00 p.m.

For more information on the boy’s district schedule, click here.

Directions from duPont Manual High School to Central can be found here:

Field Hockey 

Scheduled to have two more games for their regular season, the field hockey team capped out last week, leaving them to only have practices until regionals begins. Capping out means that the team has played the maximum amount of games allowed in one season. The Regional Tournament begins next Monday.

Over Fall Break, Olivia Smith (11, YPAS) has verbally committed to Saint Louis University to play Divison one field hockey.

Cross Country

Today, the cross country team will race in the Master Schedule 5k, beginning time for boys is 4:30 p.m. and girls begins at 5:00 p.m. at Moore High School. The team will also compete in the Haunted Woods Invitational on Saturday, beginning time is TBA. The address for this race is 1150 KY-393, Buckner, KY 40010.

About the Contributor
Maddie Gamertsfelder
Maddie Gamertsfelder, Co-Editor-in-Chief, 2019-2020
Maddie Gamertsfelder was a co-Editor-in-Chief on Manual RedEye for the 2019-20 staff. You can catch her on the lacrosse field, at a Y-club meeting, at Blaze Pizza. or hanging out with her friends. You can reach her at [email protected].