We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

We tell stories that matter.

Manual RedEye

Support Us
$1005
$2500

Your donation will support the student journalists of duPont Manual High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Crimsons defeat PRP in week 9 matchup

Stella Kolers
Bryce Ealey (#30, 12) and Jaylen Hayes (#44, 11) posing for a photo on the sidelines.

On Friday, the Crimsons defeated Pleasure Ridge Park Panthers, with a final score of 27-11.

First Half: 

The game started with a kickoff from the Manual Crimsons to the PRP Panthers. On the first play of the game, the Crimson defense immediately disrupted PRP’s offense with a turnover.

Within the next couple of minutes in the first quarter, Gerian Traynor (#34, 10) scored the first touchdown of the game. The score was 7-0 after kicker, Parker Friedman (#53,11), made the extra point. 

During the second quarter, Manual’s offense was unsuccessful in their attempts to score, having to punt to PRP. 

The Panthers then drove down the field, but the drive stalled after an incomplete 3rd down pass into the endzone. With eight minutes left in the half, PRP opted for a 43-yard field goal and it was successful for their first points of the night. The score was 7-3. 

Manual was not able to score another touchdown, but Friedman scored a field goal which put the Crimsons up 10-3, with two minutes left in the half. 

During the next offensive sequence, the Panthers made their way down the field but threw another incomplete pass into the endzone. Manual led 10-3 going into halftime. 

Second Half: 

The Crimsons received the ball at the start of the second half. Throughout the beginning of the third quarter, PRP and Manual were in a stalemate of defenses not allowing each other’s offenses past the 50-yard line. 

Going into the fourth quarter, both PRP and Manual were still struggling on the offensive side while the defenses continued to make stops. With 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Crimsons were able to score another touchdown and complete the PAT. Manual led the game 17-3. 

PRP’s offense continued to struggle and with another unsuccessful attempt to get down the field, turned the ball back over to Manual’s offense. 

On the next Crimsons’ drive, Friedman scored another field goal, making the score 20-3. 

Willis Nofsinger (#5, 11) scored the Crimson’s third touchdown of the night with four minutes left in the game, which brought the score to 27-3.

With two minutes left in the game, the Panthers scored their first and only touchdown of the night and completed a two-point conversion. The score was 27-11. 

Neither team scored during the last two minutes of the game, meaning the final score was 27-11, another Crimson victory.

“We were a little rusty and hung over from the St. X win. We want to use this game to have better composure going into next week,” Head Coach Josh Gillispie said.

The Crimsons will head to Brandenburg, Kentucky next Friday to face off against Meade County at 7:30 p.m.

About the Contributors
Naomi Fields
Naomi Fields, Staffer
Naomi Fields is a staffer for Manual RedEye. She enjoys listening to music, being with friends, watching sports, traveling, and playing field hockey. You can contact her at [email protected].
Stella Kolers
Stella Kolers, Staffer
Stella Kolers is a sophomore staffer for Manual RedEye. She enjoys playing volleyball, listening to music, and spending time with her friends. You can contact her at [email protected].